2018 Education Programs
All courses will be held at the GCSECA office unless noted. Some courses have limited seating and will be filled in the order the registration forms are received. As the registration opens for each course, the link for the registration will be added to the Events and Registration button found on the home page.
Energy Management University
Access more than 100 on-line courses. Ready to accept students now. Each utility’s EMU designated contact must complete the student enrollment spreadsheet. New employees can be added once a month.
NRECA BLC Courses
Two Board Leadership Courses will be offered in 2018:
- (975.1) Capital Credits Issues and Decisions taught on January 25, 2018.
- (963.1) Strategic Technologies and Their Impact on the Cooperative taught on August 2, 2018.
National Electrical Safety Code
Dates: April 18 & 19, 2018. Two full days of review of the new 2017 code.
Location: GCSECA office in Tempe, AZ.
Content: The review will include NESC history and development, NESC rules of interest to electric cooperatives, application examples and discussion of accident scenarios.
Instructor: Troy B. Little, P.E.
- Over 30 years’ experience in electrical engineering and management, including electric utility system engineering and planning, operations management, electrical engineering project design, construction project management, forensic engineering and corporation management.
- Direct utility experience includes 18 years engineering and operations management at two regional electric utilities.
- President & Chief Operating Officer, Brooks Jackson & Little, Inc., Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 2003 – Present
- Responsible for electrical accident investigations, equipment failure analysis, product failure, fire and explosion origin and cause, electric utility operations, electrical code compliance, lightning damage investigations, electrical workplace safety audits, electrical safety training and safety consulting.
- NESC Subcommittee Member.
- NRECA/NUTSEA Certified Loss Control Faculty Member.
Annual Line School and Rodeo
The annual Line School and Rodeo will be held October 22 – 25, 2018 at Sulphur Springs Valley Electric Cooperative in Benson, AZ. Watch this space for updates.
Technical Services – Substations/Special Apparatus/REclosers & Regulators
This event has not been scheduled at this time.